The Story Of My Purchase, Repair And Enjoyment Of A 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST


Monday, April 18, 2016

Exhaust, Exhaust, Exhaust... I Know. The Good News Is That It's Done...Complete...Finished. And Bonus, The Spyder Is On The Road Properly Now! So I Shot Some Footage Of The New (And The Old Raggedy Stock) Exhaust To Show Ya How It Sounds, In Case You Are In The Market. Status: Comparo!



This is an older photo, but this blog post ain't about static pics...it's about them fancy movin' pictures...and the sound associated there with.  Oh, and that "silencer" insert, it isn't getting used.

I shot a small amount of video footage of the car as purchased (except for a quick tune up that cured a stumble at about 5,000 rpm) in anticipation of an exhaust replacement.  I shot some video with the top closed and the top open.  With the top open the wind noise was so loud against the mic that it was pretty much useless, so I stuck with the top closed footage in order to best represent the sounds of the original exhaust and it's much sweeter replacement.  Click here to see the details of the custom replacement system.  Otherwise, enjoy the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment