The Story Of My Purchase, Repair And Enjoyment Of A 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST


Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Beautiful 65 Degree Saturday Morning And A Sh*t Ton Of Cool Cars...What Could Be More Appealing? We Took The Spyder To It's First "Car Show" This Morning At The St. Louis Cars And Coffee Event.



Now THIS is my kind of car meet!  A myriad of car styles, ages and levels of modification...much like the owners themselves.  Like Ferraris? They were there.  Hot rods?  Yup, in attendance.  Vintage tin?  There was a Trabant there, 'nuf said.  Wanna see a video I shot of some of the cars?



Yes, the weather here in the mid-west has finally broke and Spring is truly in the air. I wish I could have shot all the amazing cars that all the amazing owners brought out this early morning (hey, the lot was 2/3ds full at 8am when we arrived!), but it takes time to set up even the most basic and rudimentary of shots (like what you see in this video), and I've only begun to figure out how to use my new camera. Too many cars left before I got around to dropping my tripod in front of them.

But, I'm sure they'll be back and maybe I'll get 'em next time. I was hoping to get some like minded owners together for a windy backroad drive afterward, but I spent so much time shooting video that I didn't really get to meet anybody or talk much car stuff. Too bad, because everybody I DID get to converse with was great, despite what kind of car they brought. Maybe next time. Wouldn't you love to see some video of Mustangs, Miatas, Ferraris and Subarus winding their way along some backroad two lane blacktop?

No comments:

Post a Comment